Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jake L. - Driving Question

Hi, I'm Jake, and here's my driving question.
'Can the truth change?'
I think it's closely related to the topic.
When I read a controversial book about an event from the past, I am very surprised.

For example, there is John F. Kennedy's assassination.
When Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK, nobody knew why because Oswald also got murdered by somebody else.
Since there is always only one truth, so there must be only one reason (OK, there may be several reasons) why Oswald killed JFK, but many historians (or others) write books about why Oswald killed JFK in very various perspectives, so various that makes no sense if they're altogether the reasons.

That's where this question comes in. Many press (or media) companies get criticized for their erroneous reports on controversial issues. Do they make mistakes? Or do they do that on purpose? This is my question.

1 comment:

Hans Mundahl said...

Is this spam? I've never heard of Kennedy Spam. Should I delete this or is this actually an interesting comment given the topic of this group?